Sunday 17 January 2010

Crit - done and dusted

Crit last week went well. Although you have the words in your head once you start talking you forget to say things which is very annoying! Its always a lot of hard work getting everything organised and boards completed but I was really pleased at the end of it all. Need to catch up of my sleep now though.
The general opinion was that I carry on with my Shreds of Evidence theme. I think because it is so different to what I normally do it will challenge me and the idea of a textile book which lead me on to book binding, quilting etc so new skills to learn.
Its such a relief when all the files/sketchbooks are handed in but there is also the little nagging doubt in the back of your head - if only I had more time I could have done more work! We have a week away from college now so I am hoping to see a few exhibitions, Dionne Swift at the Bankfield, Japanese Sashiko Textiles at the York Art Gallery and Rob Ryan at the Yorkshire Sculpture Park. I may in a few weeks try get to the Slow Movement exhibition in Edinburgh as I unfortunately missed it in Birmingham. I need to get organised!

No comments:

Post a Comment