Thursday 18 March 2010

Mark Making - ideas from the press


Having taken lots of good research photos at the Gregynog press I have now started mark making and design development. I am looking at the marks/scratches created over the years on the floor from the machinery plus the textures, surface and movement of the the actual machinery. These have also been scanned and I am trying some designs within CAD - not my strongest area by any means!

The ideas I feel from these are very different to how I feel about the actual printed page and the words within it telling the story, singing the poem and how precise and exact the layout is.

I have also started machine stitching lines on to fabric to symbolise the text on a page, but hope to develop into hand stitching with the right fabric!

So this is the start of the development and its quite scary - but it will be interesting to see what the end results turn out like as this is so different from my previous work.




2 comments:

  1. Lovely colours and ideas coming through in this work - you must be very excited about what this is going to become - I know I am - well done lady xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you friendx It's very different for me and a good challenge - still lots to doxxx

    ReplyDelete