Tuesday 29 May 2012

Workshop - Fiona Wilson

On 19th May I attended one of Fiona Wilson's workshops called Drawn Marks for Stitch.
Because we had completed our degree together (Fiona graduated the year before me) Fiona was worried that she couldn't teach me anything (I am sure she wont mind me talking about this).

I explained that even though a person has completed a degree etc sometimes life takes over and you forget a) how much you know b) how to think, create and just play c) you can lose confidence in your own skills.  Therefore I had a wonderful day, drawing and stitching, playing and remembering!  

Fiona is an excellent 'teacher' she is calm clear and very informative.  But most importantly she allows you to play in your creativity, which is something you quite often forget to do.  

If you think you cant draw - you can, if you are a relatively beginner to machine stitching - she teaches you skills to use your machine better - even if your machine only has a straight stitch there is so much you can do with it!

Thank you Fiona for a lovely day.






1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about the need to continually learn -I always feel I want to learn more, and often it's about re-learning, or remembering what we already know. Looks like you had a great time with Fiona.

    ReplyDelete