Friday 16 April 2010

Good Intentions!


What a week I have had! My repeat pattern was incorrect but I didn't really discover it until the second day as I was busily printing different colours testing my dyes. When I went to test the repeat design realised a mistake had been made. Thankfully help was at hand and Ian Gilmour (Print Room expert!) helped me solve the problem. I had made 2 mistakes on different screens. It is sometimes true that you become slightly blind to faults when you work on something for a long time and therefore you should take a break/step back and come back to it.

I also placed an acetate the wrong way round when exposing a screen and my 'words' came out in reverse - New Screen. I then dropped the screen after printing (because it is rather large) and ripped it - New Screen! In total I have had 7 screens instead of 3! Big thanks to Ian for his patience. You can't see the design very clearly but it represents the lines/story across the pages of a book. It is printed on cotton for sample purposes but the finished results will be on linen.

All in all it was a good idea to come into college during the break and I have had the time to solve all these problems so I can start a fresh next week.
You live and learn!

3 comments:

  1. Oopps! What a week. I hope you have got all the mistakes out of the way. See you soon, Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well - I think you learn more when things go a bit wrong - otherwise how will you ever know how to put things right! Well done on getting in the studio while it was nice and quiet :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how frustrating this is! You'll get there and there are mistakes that you won't make again as a result!

    ReplyDelete